This week Matt Podwysocki puts the fun in functional programming with a deep dive into F#. We’ve heard plenty of high level discussions of F# and functional programming lately, so we tried to dig into the gory details as much as possible:
- What is functional programming, and why should we care?
- Types of applications that would and wouldn’t benefit from F#
- How F# is being used (games, scripting, data analysis and scrubbing, etc.)
- F# pattern matching
- Using F# in your C# or VB based applications today
- Getting started: F# Interactive, reading the F# source, books and resources
- Interaction with DLR
- Functional features we’d like to see in C# and VB
- Spec# and Sing#
Download / Listen
Herding Code 18: Matthew Podwysocki on F# and Functional Programming
Additional F# References:
This entry was posted
on Thursday, September 18th, 2008 at 5:44 pmand is filed under interview.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.