K Scott leads the discussion as we look back at 2008, and speculate wildly on what 2009 has to offer.
Note: Scott K’s taking a podcasting break to change diapers and stuff.
Looking back at 2008
- Google Chrome
- Kevin’s new iPhone
- Kevin’s Firefox extension addiction
- IE8 – better than expected, but still a ways to go
- ASP.NET MVC
- Silverlight 2
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1
- ADO.NET Data Services
- REST is finally accepted in the .NET world
- The Seinfeld / Gates ads
- Netbooks (Oragami at last?)
- Twitter’s recovery
- Overhyped stuff: Surface, cloud computing, multi-core madness
- Functional programming
- DI/IOC hitting the Microsoft mainstream
- [sidebar - the tradeoff between DI benefits vs. Silverlight XAP size]
- [sidebar - frustration with Microsoft forums]
Looking forward at 2009
- Windows 7
- Office 14
- Project Pink? (Zune on Windows Mobile)
- [sidebar - frustrations Zune]
- WPF in Visual Studio
- [sidebar - is there a correlation between unmanaged code and lame Microsoft products?]
Download / Listen
Herding Code 30: Year-end wrapup
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 at 2:57 amand is filed under discussion.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.