This week, the Herding Code cast talks shop with Scott Watermasysk about cloud computing, blogging platforms, Internet Explorer, the DotNetOpenId project and much more:
- Scott W, Scott K and Jon discuss Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google App Engine.
- Jon asks Scott W to share his thoughts on blogging platforms and the difficulties around their development due to their many edge cases and full feature set.
- Scott W answers a listener question about his thoughts on Silverlight.
- Scott K, Jon and Scott W rant about corporations continuing to run IE6, why IE8 killed Scott W’s inner child and why, oh why, won’t Microsoft just rewrite Internet Explorer already.
- Scott W shares his strategy for evaluating and learning new technologies and how to successfully manage remote development teams.
- Scott W and the guys talk about the demise of SQL and the higher dependency on ORMs and traditional database alternatives like CouchDB.
- Scott W comments on Silverlight and ASP.NET MVC and whether these technologies help solve his customers’ problems today.
Download / Listen:
Episode 36: Scott Watermasysk
This entry was posted
on Friday, February 20th, 2009 at 3:02 pmand is filed under interview, podcast.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.