In this episode of Herding Code, we discuss the pro's and con's of building a startup on the Microsoft stack. We talk about a lot of issues:
- Licensing cost
- Availability and cost of developers
- Development environments and tools
- Relative costs of software vs. development time
- Thoughts on whether Microsoft should ship Visual Studio Express with Windows
- Those few companies who start on one stack and switch as they get larger
- How, in the end, it all comes down to execution
Along the way, K. Scott regales us with the tale of his run-in with the FBI, flees the podcast, and finds a way to sneak back on the call. Shenanigans!
Herding Code 7: Why don't startups run on Microsoft?
This entry was posted
on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008 at 10:34 pmand is filed under podcast, Uncategorized.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.