K Scott wraps up his series of lightning round interviews from Sofware Passion Summit by interviewing Hadi Hariri.
Download / Listen:
- K Scott asks Hadi about EasyHttp.
- Hadi explains some of the problems and annoyances EasyHttp solves.
- Configuring the web request was a pain
- It was annoying to change the data structure of the classes to work with dynamic JSON
- EasyHttp supports all HTTP verbs (including PATCH and OPTIONS)
- It works really smoothly with dynamics
- Hadi talks about a library he used called JsonFx, which he prefers to JSON.NET
- Hadi says he decided to build out EasyHttp due to his work on YouTrackSharp
- That’s it! Scott runs off to tackle some more lightning round interviews.
- K Scott asks about EasyMVC
- Hadi talks why he created EasyMVC, explaining how the convention based routing works.
- EasyMVC also includes some filters which use conventions to handle content negotiation.
- K Scott asks what Hadi thinks about ASP.NET Web API. Hadi says he dislikes it, as it pushes developers towards having separate controllers for HTML and services.
- K Scott wraps up by asking Hadi about Kotlin.
- Kotlin is a new language in the JetBrains early access program.
- Kotlin attempts to improve on some of the shortcoming that JetBrains has seen working with Java.
- Kotlin is perhaps conceptually similar to Scala, but a lot easy to learn
- Object oriented with nullable types.
- It’s open source, and in early alpha phase.
- That’s it! Hope you liked K Scott’s lightning round interviews!