Everybody makes mistakes. The trick is to learn from your own or, better yet, the mistakes of others! This week, the guys amuse and educate by graciously sharing some of their past developer mistakes.
- Hear tales of recursive website spidering, rogue mass emailers, and hardware snafus which end in puffs of smoke
- Learn from Jon that simulating nuclear fission on a Cray supercomputer can get wildly out of control
- Find out why you should think twice before optimizing a relative’s computer on New Years’ Day
- What’s the quickest way to realize the benefits of a Transaction Server? Why listening to K Scott’s ATM story, of course.
- Discover why you might want to rethink flying Kevin out to your company to perform any hardware magic (but if you need to reconstruct a FAT table, he’s your guy.)
- And get the most sage advice ever offered by K Scott on Herding Code.
As a bonus, the Extended Lightning Round!
- Windows 7, Windows XP Mode and Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and Windows Vista SP 2
- Office 2007 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Vine – It’s like Twitter for Emergencies
- Pink – Microsoft’s Smart Phone
Download / Listen:
Show notes compiled by Ben Griswold. Thanks!