Last week I posted the first in a new podcast series with K. Scott Allen (a.k.a. OdeToCode), Scott Koon (a.k.a. LazyCoder), and Kevin Dente. We got some great feedback, but we decided to ignore it and continue the podcast. So here’s another one!
But seriously, this one’s a lot shorter (too short?) and you’ll hopefully find the sound quality’s improved. We’ve also heard from several people that, while it’s easy for a group of geeks to criticize anything and everything, that doesn’t necessarily transfer into useful information.
Show #2 – Topics
- Google’s announcement that they’ll host several popular AJAX libraries
- ASP.NET AJAX
- AJAX Control Toolkit
Download / Listen
Herding Code 2: AJAX Frameworks
We’re starting up a technology round table podcast. By we, I mean:
Our goal here is to provide you with some interesting discussions loosely centered around the world of development on the Microsoft platform. We’ve just finished our first show, and – while we’re aware that it’s not ready for prime-time, we’re looking for some alpha testers to give it a listen and give us some feedback.
Let’s start with our four known issues:
- It’s way too long – I edited this down to one hour, but our goal is to keep these in the 1/2 hour range.
- Audio levels – My voice is quieter than everyone else’s. Maybe that’s a good thing.
- We’re just getting used to the format – None of us has done a podcast before. I’ve edited out several awkward pauses and the like, but it’s not at all polished just yet.
- No branding – We’ll probably come up with some kind of catchy name, set up a website, and maybe include a 2 second musical bumper at the beginning. And maybe get a blimp and a mascot. But that’s all later.
So, you’re warned. Want to alpha test it and give us some feedback?
Show #1 – Topics
- .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1
- Entity Framework and OR/M’s in general
- Twitter-bashing (easy, but fun!)
- Ninject dependency injection framework
Download / Listen
Herding Code 1: .NET 3.5 SP1, Twitter, ORM\’s, Ninject