This week we talk to Brad Abrams and Tim Heuer about the Silverlight 2 release.
- What’s new?
- The releationship between the DLR and Silverlight 2
- The Eclipse for Silverlight development
- The Open Specification Promise for XAML
- Progress on Mono / Moonlight
- The elevator speech on Silverlight
- How Silverlight fits in with AJAX
- Can Silverlight support separation of concerns and testability?
- Will Microsoft be shipping frameworks for Silverlight?
- Will Silverlight support offline scenarios
- Silverlight as a “line of business” platform
- The WPF / Silverlight connection
- The Silverlight open source community
- The Flash question
- The casual gaming market
- Speculation on Silverlight 3 features…
- The non-Windows development experience
- The Silverlight story for iPhone and other mobile platforms
Questions from listeners
- What’s the story on Prism for Silverlight 2? What’s the story for enterprise Apps? (Chris Bilson)
- What’s being done to encourage enterprise adoption, in a climate where many enterprise shops are still on IE6? (Eric Kemp)
- What’s IE’s relationship with Silverlight? (Matt Hamilton)
Download / Listen
Herding Code 22: Brad Abrams and Tim Heuer on the Silverlight 2 Release
This entry was posted
on Thursday, October 16th, 2008 at 2:02 amand is filed under interview.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.