The gang gets together to talk about what they’ve been up to, year end wrap-up, and some random odds and ends.
- K Scott’s been focused on cloud stuff – moving apps to the cloud. Kevin’s been working with rearchitecting an application to Node based microservices. They’re using Docker some in dev, but not in production. There’s a discussion about Docker based deployments.
- Jon talks about what’s been going on with .NET Foundation: Meetup Pro, new projects joining, etc. Kevin makes Jon explain what the .NET Foundation actually is.
- Mixed Reality – What can you actually do with it? The guys wonder if it’s neat but niche, comparing it to Kinect and the Segway.
- Jon talks about how he accidentally ended up with $250ish in Bitcoin and $10 Dogecoin.
- The Bitcoin Pizza, Scott Hanselman’s $3500 USB cable.
- K Scott never bought any because he didn’t need to buy meth or pay off a hitman.
- Jon wondered if he could make money mining Bitcoin with solar power, but the internet told him no.
- K Scott’s OdeToCode.com website was mining Bitcoin, he claims it wasn’t him.
- Jon talks about how the Herding Code site was hacked.
- Net Neutrality: Does public opinion matter? What will the result be? Jon and K Scott bemoan the fact that many consumers don’t really have much choice on internet providers.
- iPhone discussions: Does the notch matter? Kevin misses the home button. The guys talk about how touch gestures are sometimes frustrating.
- Alexa and voice based commands: what works, what doesn’t?