This week on Herding Code, the guys speak with Chris Williams, Rey Bango and Matt Podwysocki about this year’s JSConf.
- The guests discuss their favorite parts of the conference. Beyond the quality of the talks, Rey and Chris both comment about the invaluable conversations which were had out-of-session in the Hacker’s Lounge and at the ScurvyConf. Quote of the Show: “I am a firm believer of drinking beer, and shooting the poop, and when you do that, magic happens.” – Chris Williams
- The guys talk about Alex Russell and Google Chrome Frame and how IE6 must Die.
- Chris and Scott K talk about a seemingly new found interest in Server-side JS
- Jon asks about JS library duplication in competing platforms. Rey talks about what Resig has done with Sizzle and how each library has their own niche.
- Matt teases us by mentioning that he’ll be talking about Reactive Extensions on next week’s Herding Code episode.
- Chris talks about the importance of security and how we shouldn’t only be taught how to write good code but also how to break bad code.
- JSConf 2010, JSConf EU 2010
- Chris Williams’s Blog, @voodootikigod
- Rey Bango’s Blog, jQuery, Ajaxian
- Matt Podwysocki’s Blog
- Ken Henderson
- Dojo, Prototype, MooTools, YUI, ExtJs
- Brendan Eich
- Peter Higgins, Dojo, plugd
- Aaron Quint, Sammy.js, Making Bacon / Making Code
- Tobias Schneider, Gordon
- Greenhouse, Sproutcore, Ajaxian Post
- Alex Russell, Google Chrome Frame
- Douglas Crockford
- Scott Guthrie, IE9
- Narwhal, Tom Robinson, 280 North, Kevin Dangoor
- Ryan Dahl, Node
- Jaxer, Helma, Persevere
- SquirrelFish Extreme, Nitro
- Jeffrey van Gogh, Reactive Extensions
- Francisco Tolmasky, Socratic Documentation Tool
- Cappuccino, Objective-J
- Ross Boucher,
- John Resig, Sizzle
- NWMatcher, Acme (aka query.js)
- John-David Dalton
- Sam Stephenson
- Billy Hoffman
- ha.ckers.org, xssed.com
- Makinde Adeagbo
- JSON Hijacking, Phil Haack
- JSConf Diversity in Computing Drive
- JQuery Conference
- ChurchKey, Dogfish Head, Carpool, Rustico
- Tom Hughes-Croucher
- Scandinavian Web Developer Conference (SWDC)
Show notes compiled by Ben Griswold. Thanks!
Download / Listen:
Herding Code 79: JSConf Recap with Chris Williams, Rey Bango and Matt Podwysocki
This entry was posted
on Sunday, May 2nd, 2010 at 12:47 amand is filed under podcast.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.