This week on Herding Code, John Sheehan joins the cast for a conversation about his open source project, RestSharp. The gang dives into REST and .NET open source. Makes sense, right? And the show wraps with talk of OData and a MIX10-inspired Lightning Round.
- John talks about his exciting new evangelist job at Twilio. Twillo provides a web-service API for businesses to build scalable, reliable communication apps. Wait! The evangelist is going to tell you all about it.
- The guys quiz John about RestSharp. John talks about what RestSharp has to offer and the direction of the project.
- The gangs talk about the oddities of .NET open source project development – forking, closing source, project naming, boredom and a plea for project takeover.
- Jon leads the group into dangerous territory and forces an OData discussion. Is OData good? Is it REST? Hear what the guys have to say.
- K Scott dazzles us with a power-packed Lightning Round. Don’t step away for a second or you’ll miss it! Just like lightning.
- John kicks off our first Official Pimp Your Stuff segment talking about ManagedAssembly – a community for .NET developers which is poised to be taken over. Just ask. Please.
- John’s Blog
- Hammock for REST
- Daniel Crenna
- Darrel Miller
- IE9 Testdrive
- jQuery Snippets
- James Avery
- NerdDinner’s OData Service
- NerdDinner JSON response Note: this is a json link so IE will show a file download prompt
Show notes compiled by Ben Griswold. Thanks!
Download / Listen: